Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Feta Spinach & Zucchini Slice !

Feta, Spinach & Zucchini Slice !
I love feta & spinach slice made with filo pastry, So I have made another version with out the filo pastry.
Here is my recipe.
1 large finely chopped onion.
2 bunches of English spinach roughly chopped.
1 large zucchini grated.
450 grams feta cheese chopped up small.
12 free range eggs.
1/2 a fresh grated nutmeg.
1 cup of buckwheat flour.
note: Its optional to use the flour it made the slice firmer, without the flour there was a little liquid in the dish after cooking. Add all ingredients pour into oven proof dish, cook for about 50 minutes or until golden brown and firm to touch.I cook it at 160 degrees in a fan forced oven. I have also made it frying the onion first and wilting the spinach and removing excess liquid, both versions tasted about the same. So I will not be bothering to fry the onion first as its takes longer and makes more washing up. Serve with a nice salad or steam vegetables....

No comments:

Post a Comment