Sunday, October 3, 2010

Make Hankies ! From Old Cotton Cot Sheets!

Make Hankies ! From Old Cotton Cot Sheets!
Well my youngest is eight now so won't be needing cot sheets any more. They used to be single bed sheets for my oldest two boys then I cut them in half eight years ago to make cot sheets . They have been in the linen cupboard for long enough now and the other day I thought I can use them to make some hankies. I'm not really a huge fan of hankies I usually buy boxes of tissues but they are not good for the environment so I'm trying to do with out them .If you've ever had a cold and just used tissues you'll know they can be a little harsh on the skin under your nose I remember about  ten years ago I had a cold and used tissues and the skin under my nose from wiping continuously it left a mark I looked like Hitler. So to use cotton hankies so much softer on the nose and surrounding skin, so there's another great reason to use hankies ! So today I got 12 hankies out of one cot sheet , In total I made 36 hankies from 3 cot sheets. I'm getting greener by the minute ! So if your out shopping one day and see a lady who is literally the colour green it may be me so say hi !I haven't sewn around the edges I have just ripped them and hope they don't fray too much . It depends on the weave as to how much they will fray, I'll wash them gently !

No comments:

Post a Comment