Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Buckwheat Pancakes !

Buckwheat Pancakes !
I made buckwheat pancakes for my lunch today !These are great to make if you have a problem with wheat or gluten.I filled mine with,tomato,avocado
snow pea sprouts,spring onion, left over roast pork and I grated some fresh apple and a sprinkle of celtic salt it was delicious.I don't have these very often but when I do I always thoroughly enjoy them ! I hope you give them a try !they are quick easy and delicious !

Here is my recipe
1 cup buckwheat flour.
1 1/3 cups of water.(I use rain water)
1 egg. (free range of course)
Mix well so there is no lumps. Then put a little bit of oil (I use extra virgin olive oil) In a fry pan medium heat then pour a thin layer of the mix wait a few minutes turn over a cook other side. This mixture makes 3-4 large pancakes . Then fill with what ever you like either savory or sweet . I used to make these for my sons many years ago as my middle son had a problem with wheat and dairy products . I used to make them for when they got home from school some times I would slice a banana in half lengthwise half for each pancake add a drizzle of honey and a squeeze of lemon juice and roll up! I hope you try them as they are delicious, stewed apple is nice with them also with a sprinkle of cinnamon ! You could also make small ones and use them like pikelets. Happy Cooking !

1 comment: