Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pumpkin Scones (Rock Cakes)


Pumpkin scones !
They are probably more like a rock cakes my mum always made them and called them pumpkin scones . Either name they are easy , quick and tasty ! You could always cook them in muffin trays then they would be muffins ! I usually always make a double batch when I cook most things , but I only had a small butternut pumpkin that made just over 1 cup . Here is the my recipe makes 12
1 cup cooked mashed pumpkin
1 egg
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup sultanas (could use dates, mixed fruit  etc)
2 cups wholemeal S.R.flour 
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil .
Mix ingredients together and put big heaped tablespoons of the mixture on a greased or baking paper lined tray. Cook in a pre heated oven 160 degrees C for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden and when a cake tester comes out clean .

No comments:

Post a Comment