Friday, July 20, 2012

Quinoa Pancakes For Lunch (Gluten Free)

Today I made these for lunch !
I've made quinoa flour many times but I've never used it to make pancakes before, so today I decided I would give it a try and they turned out lovely. My recipe is water I use rain water add 1 free range egg and mix well then add enough flour for a pancake batter not to thick. Then in my large pan on the heat I put a little splash of  olive oil then pour pancake batter when it looks dry on top gently flip to cook other side. I filled mine with cut up cold free range chicken, shredded lettuce, tomato and red onion a sprinkle of Himalayan salt and rolled it up  cut it in half and thoroughly enjoyed it for my lunch today . I made two for Jack that I squeezed lemon juice over and sprinkled with coconut sugar and rolled up that's his favourite pancake filling . A nice gluten free lunch alternative, quinoa is quite expensive compared to most other flours but very nice for a change and I had run out my usual buckwheat flour that I usually use and I'm in the process of using up every thing in my pantry...

1 comment: