Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mixed Spice Cookies !

I made these biscuits last week !
The recipe is similar to my chocolate chip cookies which are simply delicious, I used less sugar and next time I make them I will try 1&1/4 cups of sugar.
Here is my recipe:
3&1/2 cups wholemeal Self.Raising flour.
1&1/2 cups raw sugar or try 1&1/4 cups.
1 &1/2 tablespoons of mixed spice.
2 free range eggs.
250 grams butter.
Melt the butter pour over dry ingredients in a bowl, then mix in the eggs then roll into balls about the size of walnuts onto trays with glad bake then flatten cook in preheated oven 160degrees Celsius in a fan forced oven, cook for 20 minutes then cool on wire rack. Store in well sealed jar. Makes approximately 55 cookies...
Note: I'm re posting this recipe as I put plain flour in the ingredients when it is meant to be self raising flour. I've been making this recipe quite a few years now and yesterday I made a batch and would you believe I was about to use self raising flour and thought no I need to use plain flour, silly me it wasn't meant to be plain flour, they are ok and taste nice but of coarse they are very small , so sorry if any one made these...Obviously I had a seniors moment yesterday does any one else experience them? since going through perimenopause I seem to have quite a lot of them ...sorry again :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment