Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Make Your Own Garlic Butter !

Make Your Own Garlic Butter !
I love making my own garlic butter, I use it to make my own garlic bread, how yummy. I must admit I've never ever purchased garlic bread from the supermarket, once I picked up a packet of garlic bread from the fridge section, read the ingredients and it was back in the fridge as quick as a flash, I wont be buying that. I've always made my own, with butter,garlic & a little parsley , so easy to make so why would you bother to buy it. I never buy ready prepared foods, I've always enjoyed making my own from scratch ,that way I know what I'm eating. I've been spreading the garlic butter on my thick home made bread toasted, its so yummy. In the failsafe way of eating, parsley is only used as a garnish, not sure why I will need to do more research on that. Parsley is a low salicylate, makes food look more colourful and parsley is so full of lots of vitamins & minerals. This batch I used garlic powder as I couldn't find any local garlic. You could also add a dob to cooked meat, stir through pasta, add to potatoes & other vegetables.

4 comments:

  1. I love making my own Garlic Butter...and Mixed Herb Butter...sooooo much better than the store stuff....even better when you make a garlic bread from your own bread ...ohhh yummm...might have to get mine out of the freezer...I turned one of my baguettes into a "herb and garlic" bread.

    Great post Sherrie..I wouldn't have thought of using Garlic powder....Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add...I'm using your lovely tote bag as a library bag...I haven't decided what to use the shoe bag for yet..for the lovely fabric you used...it needs to be something special...
    Thanks again for the lovely bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's just the way my darling Mum used to make it Sherrie! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, much nicer than bought stuff. Grow you own garlic and better still. I don't like parsley but I like the colour through so I chop up the garlic leaves and add that. I can usually find some growing somewhere when I want it.
    When you cut off the crusts from the bread slices, save them and add the GB to them and dry them in the oven...nice.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete