Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cover Notebook/Journal Using An Old Street Directory !

Cover Notebook/Journal Using An Old Street Directory !
So easy to do and they make great gifts for every one especially males in your circle of family and friends . They would also be great to give them to family and friends that are travelling and you could make a label for the front saying persons name then travel journal . If you have pages that you are going to make one maybe you could use pages where the recipient lives, nice for children with their street address on it . They are very easy to cover, I used double sided tape but you could also use a glue stick and decorate the cover to suit the occasion if you wish . I also covered a pencil to match , I just cut paper to size put doubled sided tape and rolled it so end over lapped .Just another way to reuse what we have. I think they would make great gifts !

5 comments:

  1. This looks great. I love it. You are so creative.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just talking about how we needed to start keeping a travel log. We do it for backpacking, but that is it. This would be just the cutest idea for a journal cover for that purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've done this!! Have also used comics.
    Use the paper that matches the interest of who you give them to.
    I've made sparkly pencils too with glue and glitter. Put sawdust on a couple, because I had it here...

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was REALLY poor, and living in a REALLY cruddy flat, I wallpapered a wall with the comic pages from scavenged Sunday newspapers. :)

    ReplyDelete