Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Storing Left Over Onions & Other Vegetables!!

Storing Left Over Onions & Other Vegetables!
If you are like me and probably hundreds of other people you often cut a few slices of onion for a sandwich and then usually wrap it in plastic wrap.(I haven't done this for a while now as I don't buy plastic wrap any more, I haven't for a few years).  Well just get a glass jar, I find the salsa jars really handy for this as they aren't very high, so are easy to retrieve your onion or any other fruit or vegetable in it . Another great way to reuse and save using more plastic wrap. "Good for the environment".I often see plastic containers advertised in magazines made just for this purpose little plastic tomatoes,onions etc for around $10 each. I say save your money reuse glass jars better for your health and purse and being glass you can see exactly whats in the jar and also stops the smell of onions in your fridge.It will also keep your food fresher a lot longer. So next time you make a sandwich or a salad and have a few left overs like half a tomato or half an avocado etc pop them in a jar until needed the next day or maybe the next !

10 comments:

  1. Thanks 86 :):):);)
    simple living ideas "And loving it "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Sherrie! I must admit I still use alfoil to wrap my onion halves. Absolutely NO smell in the fridge, and lasts at least 2 weeks in the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great I love it. So easy and yet so practical. Will try it.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great posting. Take a look at thrift store usual there a lot things for storage most of the time under a buck.

    Coffee is on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sherrie,thanks for stopping by my blog today,
    we dont live to far away from one another i see,your blog is right up my alley i cant wait to read older posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea...always running out of my smaller pyrex containers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you live in Mandurah, had a couple of lovely holidays there staying with relatives!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good idea Sherrie. I used to do the same in a little plastic IKEA bowl. But the bowl is long gone and as it was just the right size, my brain shelved the idea. Thanks for the reminder! Clever you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sherrie,

    I just stumbled across your blog, and thought this was a great idea. I have been trying to move away from plastic wrap for a while now-- but haven't been able to figure out the fridge part. I am going to give your jar idea a whirl! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete