Monday, September 13, 2010

Jacks Birthday Cake The Number 8 !

Jack's Birthday Cake The Number 8 !
Joining the two round plates together to look like the number 8 ! I made chocolate cup cakes instead of a large cake for two reasons, you don't need a knife and plates to serve it and cup cakes are so much easy to handle every gets one ! I think they look great Jack helped me decorate the faces with jelly beans ! The recipe is a chocolate simplicity cake I 've had and made for many years and always tastes great !
I doubled the recipe and it made 42 cup cakes !
This is the recipe if you want to double it please do so but only use 3 eggs !
1 1/2 cups SR flour ( I use wholemeal flour)
1 1/4 cups of sugar (I use raw sugar )
6 level tablespoons cocoa powder
1 cup of milk
2 eggs
4 tablespoons of butter ( I always use extra virgin olive oil)

Mix every thing well bake in preheated oven 160  degrees I have a fan forced oven !
for 15 minutes for cupcakes and about 1 hour for large cake !
The icing I made with a heaped teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil ,about 3 tablespoons hot water 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and add enough icing sugar to make a spreadable consistency !
I iced them and decorated them with jelly beans ! I cut the jelly beans in half to make eyes and noses
and I cut the red ones in half length ways for the mouth !
I had a few comments on how nice they tasted !




                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment