Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cottage Pie !

Cottage Pie !
So very easy to make and very delicious !
Here is my recipe for cottage pie !
500 g mince meat.(Use meat of choice)
2 large onions
4 medium carrots
1 large zucchini
2 sticks celery
1 teaspoon Italian herb mix
1 tablespoon flour (rice flour to make gluten free)
2 kilos potatoes
1 cup grated cheese.
salt to taste
finely chop all the vegetables except potatoes fry onion in a little olive oil, then add mince fry for about 10 minutes, then add all the finely chopped vegetables mix well then cover and cook for about 15 minutes I then added flour and Italian herbs mixed well cooked for another 5 minutes add salt to taste ! I put this mixture into a oven proof dish!I use the same pot again to cook the potatoes (saves on washing up)  Then I peel and cut up potatoes cooked them until tender and drain most of the liquid, them mash well add a little salt to taste then spread over top of mince and vegetable mixture then put grated cheese on top and bake until top is golden brown. Serves 6-8, or you can reheat the next night for dinner.
Note: Keep liquid for either soup stock or gravy or for cooking rice or for other recipes or when cool I sometimes just drink it! why tip it down the sink what a waste !I used to tip it down the sink until I became smarter! You could also freeze it in cubes for later use,do this with any vegetables you boil or steam I love drinking the liquid after I steam sweet potatoes it is so lovely and sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Pie looks yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Have a great day,

    Tania

    ReplyDelete