Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Aloe Vera

Aloe Vera !
It grows like crazy in my back yard !
I believe every household should grow it ,either in a pot if short on space or in the garden like I do !
It has so many uses, for sunburn ,skin problems !
There is so much information written about Aloe Vera .I have brought it to take internally , but I have never taken what I grow internally , I should slice some up and put into my juices and smoothies !I'll do a bit more research !The succulent Aloe Vera plant, known to botanists as Aloe Barbadensis, is rich in vitamins, minerals and amino acids, and has long been prized for the cosmetic and medicinal qualities of the gel found in its leaves. Australia offers ideal conditions for growing Aloe Vera, with its rich soil and warm, sunny climate.


Historical documents of the Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Arabians, Indians and Chinese report on its use for both medicinal and cosmetic uses.
Legend has it that two of the most alluring Egyptian queens, Nefertiti and Cleopatra, relied on Aloe Vera to maintain their youthful complexions, by drinking and bathing in Aloe Vera, and that Alexander the Great conquered the island of Socroto off the east coast of Africa for the purpose of obtaining sufficient amounts of Aloe as a wound healing agent for his soldiers.
The ‘miracle’ of Aloe Vera is in its ability to deliver over 200 essential health promoting nutrients directly into cells. If the cells are healthier, quality of life is greater.

Recommended adult dosage 60 - 120mL daily in water or fruit juice.

Today, doctors also recognise Aloe's powerful healing properties both externally and internally. Dr Ivan Danhof, known as the ‘father of Aloe Vera' is an internationally renowned medical scientist who has devoted his life work to research and education of the healing properties of Aloe. Pro-Ma Systems Aloe Juice is the direct result of consultation with Dr Danhof.
Standards set by Dr Danhof resulted in a juice, which is cold processed, micro pulp retained, filleted inner gel, with an active polysaccharides count of 1200-2000 mg per litre.
Aloe Vera contains over 200 active ingredients in nature's most bio available form, including:
Polysaccharides;Glucomannans including Acemannan.
20 out of 22 Amino Acids.
8 Enzymes.
Vitamins including A, C, E, B6, B12, and Folate.
Minerals including Calcium, Copper, Chromium, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron, Potassium, Sodium, Manganese and Germanium.
The miracle of Aloe Vera is in its ability to deliver these essential health promoting nutrients directly into cells.
Good health starts with healthy digestion, good nutrition and Aloe Juice. If the cells are healthier, quality of life is greater.
Aloe Juice may assist symptoms of: Arthritis, Asthma, Acne, Dermatitis, Psoriasis, High Cholesterol, Ulcers, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Constipation, Eczema, Rheumatism, Digestive complaints, Eczema, Colds and Flu, Burns, Sunburn, Liver Toxicity, Gastric Conditions.
Note: I've just started harvesting my own aloe vera why spend money buying it when I have it growing in my garden and I can have it fresh every day ! I sliced off a large leaf and cut about an inch & a half off, then I cut off the outer green skin and put the jelly part into blender for my green morning smoothie !
.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen this as a Houseplant in the UK and did not know about it's medicinal uses. Very useful information. Thank you. I will see if I can buy a plant and keep it in our Greenhouse. Take care now. Marion x

    ReplyDelete