Thursday, July 29, 2010

Quinoa Salad !

Quinoa Salad !
Here is our favorite Quinoa salad .
It's very delicious, very easy and very nutritious.
First you need to cook the quinoa .
1 cup of quinoa to two cups of water with lid on bring to the boil , boil for a minute then turn off, leave for 20 minutes with lid on (I have soild hotplates if you don't then simmer for about 10 minutes turn off keep lid on and leave for 20 minutes ).Then I chop up 1 Spanish /red onion 2 medium tomatoes,then I add a cup of frozen peas, 1 teaspoon dried mint (dried has a more intense flavor then fresh ). Then I make a dressing in a jar 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil juice of 1medium lemon and 1 teaspoon honey, I shake it really well until milky in colour . Mix the cooked quinoa with all the other ingredients pour over the dressing add salt ( I use celtic salt ) and mix well . I sometimes add a little fresh chopped parsley and a few chopped spring onions also add finely grated lemon zest from the lemon adds a lovely flavour! Serve it with chicken, fish,beef,pork or lamb. We will quite often just have a bowl of it for a meal . I will add 1/2  avocado to my bowl for lunch or dinner !
Note: You can add what ever you like eg cucumber, celery, corn, capsicum ! the list could go on . Experiment ! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment