Monday, July 12, 2010

Meat and Vegetable Parcels


Meat and Vegetable Parcels
The first photo was before cooking and second photo was taken after they were cooked
I made these yesterday for late lunch early dinner
they were very easy and tasty .
It made 8 parcels.
Ingredients are as follows
8 sheets of filo pastry
500 grams lamb mince (you could use any mince of your choice)
1 large onion (finely chopped)
2 carrots (grated)
1 large potato (grated
small bunch of finely chopped fresh sage
I use Celtic salt
sesame seeds (optional)
about a teaspoon of milk to brush on top to make sesame seeds stick .
pre-heat oven ,I cook in a fan forced oven at 160 degrees Celsius. In a large bowl mix all ingredients. Then fold filo pastry sheet width ways in half then put a handful on mixture in centre fold in edges and roll up to form parcels with most of the thickness underneath, place on a tray with glad bake . I brushed them with milk and sprinkled sesame seeds on top just to be a bit decorative. I made this recipe last week and didn't use glad bake it got really stuck. With the glad bake they just lifted off easy . I cooked them for 45 minutes, or cook until golden brown all ovens vary a little! I had the 2 left over cold today and still very nice . filo pastry makes them very light and almost fat free .
Note I normally add grated zucchini but they were way to expensive and looked awful so I used a potato instead . You an use whatever vegetables you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment