Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Creamy Broccoli Soup or Creamy Cauliflower Soup !

Creamy Broccoli Soup !
Yesterday I made broccoli soup because I had 3 heads of broccoli in the fridge !
Here is my recipe
I used 2 heads of broccoli
2 medium brown onions
2 large potatoes
1/2 can coconut cream (Ayam 270ml can) use half.
Fry onion in about 1 tablespoon olive oil  for about 10 minutes then add peeled chopped potatoes and chopped up broccoli , put in water just under the vegetables bring to boil then simmer until tender .
When cooked I add half a can of coconut cream then puree I add celtic salt to taste . delicious !
I make a cauliflower soup the same except replace cauliflower instead of broccoli . I usually put a couple of zucchini in both recipes ,but they were too expensive . Note: I use the Ajam brand of coconut cream because its pure coconut . haven't found another brand that is 100% coconut . For a long time I didn't eat dairy products so tried different things when I tried the coconut cream /milk . It was a real winner in taste and texture and health ! happy eating or should I say slurping ! its a terrible habit I know but at home I like slurping my soup ! If I was out for dinner I would try to behave myself !

No comments:

Post a Comment