Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chocolate Zucchini Cakes

Chocolate zucchini cake.
This recipe came to me years ago from a friend Janelle. But over the years I have made many changes to it.
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil ( I use extra virgin olive oil)
3 cups S.R wholemeal flour
1 large zucchini (about 2 1/2 -3 cups )
1/2 cup milk
3/4- 1 cup cocoa powder.
This mixture makes 24 muffin size cakes. I prefer making cakes in muffin trays because they cook a lot quicker, no cutting involved and way easier for entertaning .
You can either grate or puree zucchini, then mix all ingedients together well , put into greased muffin trays. I cook them for 25 minutes in a preheaed fan forced oven at 160 degrees. Remove from trays and cool on a wire rack ,when cool they can be iced or decorated. These ones above I cut the tops off , then cut the tops in half and put whipped cream on top then put the tops to look like wings and sprinkled icing sugar over them . They are very delicious ,easy and relatively economical to make. They also freeze well without the cream of course.I often freeze them in a plastic bag and take then out as required for school/work morning tea .You can make a large cake if you like it will take about 45 minutes to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment