Thursday, October 17, 2013

Plants to help clean the air in your home !























This is what I have in my bathroom to help clean the air. I have philodendron growing in two big pots at the front of our house and I have cut some and put into a vase of water. This is so much easier then an actual pot-plant that needs soil..This has been in my bathroom for a few years now and seems to be thriving..When you cut them and place them in water they grow roots very quickly, which can be great if you want to pot some up for a gifts...I have read so many times over the years how plants remove toxins from our air ...and give us oxygen in return..I also have two lucky bamboos growing in water in my bathroom too..I really need to get some more plants into our house...I used to have a ficus inside but took it outside might bring it back in ..I'd love to hear what house plants other people grow inside ...There was a list of 10 that I did read some time back that are the best to have in your home, must see if I can find it gain ...To save me googling if any one knows please post and share with us..That would be great ....I know spider plants are supposed to be good too, a long time ago I used to grow that outside in hanging baskets..and bamboo is good too...My mother in law grows mother in laws tongue in her family room it always looks so healthy , she grows it in water ...Might see if she will give me some ...I gave her a lucky bamboo years ago for a gift and hers is huge..she has a real green thumb..think she could grow anything...

2 comments:

  1. Came across your blog and just love the idea of these plants inside the house. With winter on the way we need all the help we can get.I would love to have you to link up at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-56-with-ruby.html



    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherrie. I love indoor plants too, and growing them hydroponically makes so much sense. I adore cut greenery in vases all over the house. It makes everything feel cleaner and fresher....x

    ReplyDelete