Thursday, December 6, 2012

Making A New Batch Of Kombucha !

This is my third batch of Kombucha, I made this one up on Tuesday 4th ...This brew is made using organic roobis tea and organic coconut sugar ...Each brew I'm making I'm using different ingredients and experimenting to get the best tasting kombucha. My second batch I didn't end up doing a blog about it, I used ordinary black tea and white sugar..I'm really looking forward to tasting this one. I'm blogging about this mostly to keep a record for myself then I'll know how long they have been brewing for in case I forget ...I've been drinking at least a quarter a cup before each meal. One side effect I have noticed is some flatulence, other then that I haven't noticed anything negative at all ...I rather like the taste, the one I made with rosehip tea stayed quite sweet, I might reduce the sugar if I find this one is quite sweet ....The book says not to use any less then 55grams per litre other wise the culture will die...Currently I'm using 160 grams per 2 ...
litres as that is the recipe in my book and also in the instructions that came with my kombucha fungus.... I'll just keep experimenting...If you want to find out more about using kombucha just google ...So much information on the net, they say it is very good for so many health complaints....

No comments:

Post a Comment