Monday, March 12, 2012

Pavlova (Only 6 Minutes of Cooking)

Pavlova...
Jack & I made this Pavlova for Kev's Birthday which was on the 20th January he was 58. He said it was the nicest pavlova you've made so here is the recipe.
Ingredients
3 egg whites
1 cup white sugar
4 tablespoons boiling water
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Heat oven to 210Celcius. Beat all the ingredients together with an electric mixer for about12 minutes. Mark a bread and butter plate sized circle on baking paper. Spoon mixture into circle, smoothing sides and top.Cook for 6 minutes. Turn off oven and leave pavlova to cool completely - at least one and a half hours. (you could make the pavlova before you go to bed and leave it overnight.) . Serve with cream and fresh fruit.
This pavlova had a lovely crisp shell and a really fluffy marshmallow centre.
Note: I didn't think it was going to get thick it took us about 14 minutes of mixing but the end result was worth it. We used an electric hand beater, as my arm was getting tired we all had a turn at mixing...You can use any fruit you have available or what ever is in season, we used mango,banana,kiwi and frozen blueberries

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Love a pav, I cook them often as my DH loves them and we have plenty of eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW your Kev is 8 weeks older than me! Hope he had a good birthday.

    Take care

    Your HS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that seems so simple! I've always avoided making pavs but this post made them sound easy! Thank you for sharing the recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for my lovely gift. My irthday is tomorrow so the timing was fabulous. I'm sure the shoe bag will get used as I travel quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete