Thursday, August 19, 2010

My Lace & Rose Patch Bag!

My Lace & Rose Patch Bag!
I love sewing, and I really love making bags!
This one is made using a piece of lace curtain fabric and a rose fabric.I lined it with a pink and white gingham. It's very easy to make all you need it to make 18 squares, that's 9 squares for each side.All seams are 1/4 inch & all the strips are 2 & 1/4 inch wide .First I cut the curtain fabric into strips then I cut white fabric to line the lace fabric and join it together, then cut the rose fabric. Now join the strips together rose fabric in the middle and lace either side .Then I cut into squares 5&1/2 inch square and join them together. Then measure the finished size and cut fabric to line bag, you will need to sew across the corners to give it the bag shape. Handle cut rose fabric  into 2 strips 22 inch long and width 3 & 3/4 inch. fold each piece and sew up the side and fold inside out ,you can line it with batting to make it firmer join handles to bag where you would like them mine are 3 &1/2 inch from sides. Now put the lining inside the bag and fold top over about and inch and sew neatly around the top. You can also line the bag with wadding to make it firmer !This bag I didn't put batting in the body. I hope if you decide to make the bag my instructions are clear , if not post and ask !

No comments:

Post a Comment