Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ginger Pears !

Ginger Pears !
These are delicious and simple to make .
Pears are in season now and are a good price so a great time to make, and on a cold winters night they make a lovely dessert. The bosc are the best pears to cook with , but I have made this recipe with others as well and they have all tasted great.
I like mine served with coconut cream!
Kev likes them with a scoop of ice cream, what
am I saying, half a tub of ice cream I mean !
In my sauce pan I put about a cup of water and a teaspoon of powdered ginger then I peel the pears then put in sauce pan bring to the boil and simmer until tender about 10 minutes. I used to add honey,
I don't any more and they are sweet enough .
You can remove the pears and reduce the liquid to make sweeter syrup !

No comments:

Post a Comment