Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lentil & Vegetable Soup


Yesterday I made a big pot of lentil and vegetable soup. Warms my tummy and my soul !
Thick and hearty .
2 cups of red lentils
3 large carrots
2 large potatoes
1 sweet potato
1 large zucchini
3 large onions
4 sticks celery
1 cup frozen peas
fresh herbs I used basil,thyme,sage.
1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste I use celtic salt.
garnish with chopped parsley & spring onions.
When I made this soup I chopped all the ingredients in my food pocessor. Then I gentlely fry the onion for about 5 minutes then add all the other ingredients except peas fry for about 5-10 minutes then I add the washed lentils ,add water to cover bring to a slow boil then simmer about an hour or until lentils are really soft , then add peas .Garnish with parsley & spring onion and serve . Could serve with lovely fresh crusty bread. A little parmesan cheese sprinkled over is delicious also. Makes a really big pot and freezers really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment