Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Extra Delicious Apple Cake !

Apple cake (fat free )
This cake is really delicious and tastes cross between an apple cake and an apple pie.
makes a good size cake 24cm square or 9 inch square for the people like me that still work in inches. Or make 24 cakes in 2 muffin trays, cook for 20-25 minutes
Ingredients
2&1/2 cups S.R wholemeal flour
3/4 cup of raw sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk & 1/2 cup water
1 kilo granny smith apples
cinnamon (optional)
In bowl mix eggs add sugar mix well then add liquid then the flour, peel and slice apples ( I used an apple cutter) then I sliced them in half length wise to make them a little thiner. I lined the tin with glad bake put quarter of the mix in tin added half the apples then the rest of the mixture then the rest of the apples.Then I sprinkled cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar on the top .Then I put it into a pre heated oven 160 dregrees C for 55 minutes or until golden brown and cake tester comes out clean . Can serve with a dollop of fresh cream, custard or ice cream . This is one of our favorite cakes ! I'm making it for my middle sons 22nd birthday on Sunday ! I often use the above mix to make 24 cakes in my 2 muffin trays then they only take 20-25 minutes to cook.

1 comment:

  1. I'm making this recipe today , but I often make it in 2 muffin trays which totals 24 cakes and they take less time to cook about 20-25 minutes. They are great for lunch boxes, When I said I'd be making them today Kev said he would get some cream on the way home and Jack was excited as well, I will take some to my two elder boys they will love them also!

    ReplyDelete