Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Salad Nicoise For Dinner !

Salad Nicoise was our dinner last night.
It's so simple, delicious and healthy !
Steamed baby potatoes.
Steamed green beans.
Boiled free range eggs.
Tomatoes wedges.
Cucumber slices.
Mixed Salad greens
I used lettuce,english spinach & snow pea sprouts.
Black kalamata olives.
A tin of tuna in spring water.
Dressing I used apple cider vinegar,extra virgin olive oil a lightly crushed garlic clove and a teaspoon of honey into a glass jar with lid and shook really well.
Cool all the cooked vegetables slightly so they don't wilt all the greens and gently toss together and serve. I had mine without the tuna as I'm going to try vegetarian eating to see if it helps my current health concerns. I really enjoyed it...I know it's winter and it's more of a summer dish, but it wasn't that cool here last night and eating healthy is good any time of the year I believe.
Bon Appetite !

1 comment:

  1. Oh this looks yummy! I was thinking Feta Cheese might taste good in this as well.

    ReplyDelete