Friday, September 24, 2010

New Handle For Old Garden Spade !

New Handle For Old Garden Spade !
When our two little garden spade handles had broken beyond repair, Kev had some PVC conduct in the shed left over from another project he cut it to size and screwed it to the spade , they are still going strong and that was eight years ago so my advice is before throwing things away rethink ,can it be fixed or used for some thing else. we live in a real throw away society.  I'm really pleased when I can prolong the life of some thing or find another use for it . Stopping stuff going to landfill I say Yay !

2 comments:

  1. Your PVC pipe must be smaller than mine. I tried this ages ago but with a small garden fork and couldn't get the PVC to fit, inside or out. I ended up using a long piece of metal pipe that I found. Works a treat and I don't have to always bend.

    Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barb its amazing how we can improvise with what we have available less stuff going to land fill :)

    ReplyDelete